MACEDONIA, Ohio — October 2016 — The sweetest benefit, Dessert First, supporting the 40,000 girls and adult members of Girl Scouts of North East Ohio is slated for Saturday, October 22 from 6:00 p.m. to
10:00 p.m. at the Embassy Suites, Cleveland-Rockside in Independence. In its 19th year and chaired by Judith E. Matsko, the gala will challenge regional chefs to create desserts featuring our famous Girl Scout Cookies. In the spirit of friendly competition, desserts will be judged by a panel of celebrity judges as well as guests. The dessert tasting will be followed by an elegant dinner and silent and live auctions.
The rundown of talented chefs and amazing restaurants at this year’s event include:
- Gamekeeper’s Tavern, Chef Michael Slater
- Gervasi Vineyard, Chef Jerry Risner and Chef Nancy Davis
- Embassy Suites Cleveland-Rockside, Chef Krystal Lung
- Hudson’s Restaurant, Chef Kendra Altomare
- Cuyahoga Community College Culinary Program, Chef Maureen Leonard and Chef Edward Frygier
- Ice Cream Joy, Chef Marissa Flynn
- Bloom Bakery, Chef Saidah Farrell
- D’Agnese’s at White Pond, Chef Joe Gall...