- Recruit, review, and confirm the qualifications of candidates for elected position in the Council.
- Provide to the General Assembly a slate of one (1) candidate for each position to be elected, including officers, Directors-at-Large, Girl Directors-at-Large, Board Development Committee members, and delegates and alternates to the National Council of Girl Scouts of the United States of America.
- In conjunction with the
Board of Directors, develop the following:
- Board orientation and education materials
- Board development materials
- Methods for identifying needed skills and talents for the Board of Directors and committees
- Methods for succession planning
- Board annual self-assessment materials
- Conduct Board orientation and development training sessions as needed and/or as directed by the Board of Directors.
- Serve as a voting member of the GSNEO General Assembly body.
- Conduct an annual review of the Council’s Bylaws.
- Promote the organization.
Members of the committee share these responsibilities while acting
in the interest of Girl Scouts of North East Ohio. Each member is
expected to make recommendations based on his or her experience and
vantage point in the community.