Juliette Low Seminar 2019
For the first time, the Juliette Low Seminar will run simultaneously in 20 “hub” locations around the world, including here in the United States, from November 14-20, 2019, bringing up to 1,000 members of WAGGGS together across the globe, and connected through technology. GSUSA is seeking 26 participants age 18-30 for this exciting opportunity. Meet your Girl Guiding and Girl Scouting peers in a unique environment, explore how to actively tackle gender barriers to leadership, and bring about positive change for girls in your community when you return. If selected, applicants will be matched to an international hub location. Please note: applicants under age 20 will only be considered for the US hub location.
Participants must be:
- An active member of GSUSA
- A member of the Global Leadership Opportunities (GLO pool). If you are not currently a member of the GLO pool, please complete this application and council endorsement and submit with your Juliette Low Seminar application.
- Age 18-30 by November 30, 2019 (Applicants under age 20 will only be considered for the GSUSA hub if accepted).
- Able to understand and communicate well in one of the following: Arabic, English, French, Mandarin (Chinese), Spanish or Swahili
- Adaptable, culturally sensitive and open minded
- Willing to undertake new and challenging experiences
- Mature and responsible global citizen
- The cost for any JLS hub location is £600 (approx. $780). This fee covers meals, accommodations and program costs. Travel and visa costs are not included.
- Members who have previously attended a WAGGGS seminar or CSW event will not be considered.
- Applicants must apply and be accepted by GSUSA before being considered by WAGGGS.
- Participants are expected to arrive the evening of November 13 and depart the afternoon of November 20, 2019.
- After the seminar, participants are expected to work with their association to empower at least 100 younger Girl Scouts with leadership practices when they return home.