Membership Delegate Elections
In the fall of every year, it's membership delegate election
As detailed in our Bylaws, each Service Unit can elect a delegate, it is no longer elections by county. Elections will be held at a regular Service Unit Meeting, not at a separate election meeting. Simple quorum requirement (and easy to achieve!) Membership Delegate Elections are to take place during the 1st quarter of the membership year (10/1 – 12/31/20).
How are Membership Delegates elected?
- Elections will be held at a Service Unit meeting between 10/1
- Registered members, ages 14+, can vote in elections for membership delegates. This means that most of our high school girls can vote!
- Members can only vote in the
election of membership delegates for the Service Unit in which the
- The Election Meeting is presided
over by the SUD, and voting takes place very simply.
- If the first delegate a Service Unit elects is a girl, they can
elect a second delegate. If the first delegate is an adult, no
further delegate can be elected. Note: Both delegates may be
- There are no longer Alternate Membership Delegates.
- Ballot if it is contested election.
Membership Delegate Election Process Forms:
- Membership Delegate Nomination Form
- Membership Delegate Election Report
- Membership Delegate Election Acknowledgement form
- Service Unit Election Web Posting Request
If you have any questions, please contact Mona Karoghlanian via email or call 330-983-0407.