GSNEO Gold Award
Are you thinking of Going for the Gold?
Now what? Here’s some helpful tips to get you going!
Attend a Go for the Gold workshop. Find scheduled workshops here.
Plan your Gold Award Project
3-6 months prior to project implementation date.
- Work with a non-related adult who has a level of expertise in the field you plan to do your project (Project Advisor).
- Your project must be a minimum of 80 hours showcasing your leadership skills.
- Recruit a team of at least 5 non-related volunteers to assist with your project
- Choose the community you'd like your project to benefit--will it benefit the Girl Scout community OR your local/global community-at-large?
Check out GoGold Online
1-2 months prior to project implementation date.
- Before you login to the GoGold Online Tool, look at this quick video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5lEsBwn9x4
- Register your project and complete your proposal at www.girlscouts.org/gogoldonline. Be sure to use Google Chrome as your web browser.
- Don’t forget to include your proposed budget, proposed log of hours and letter of support from the organization you’re working with.
Submit your project proposal to GoGold Online by the 1st of the month following Step 3.
Other Helpful Information:
Money Earning: If your project requires money, complete and
submit a Money Earning Application at least 4 weeks prior to the
GSNEO’s Review Timeline:
- Project Proposals and Final Reports must be submitted by www.girlscouts.org/gogoldonline by the 1st of the month. Be sure to use Google Chrome as your web browser.
- Interviews are scheduled on a first come,
first-served basis. Interviews are scheduled by email during the
2nd week of the month and interviews are held the
3rd week of the month.
If you still have questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org