UPDATE: Due to COVID-19, Graduating Seniors who are currently working on their Gold Award have until December 31, 2020 to complete their projects and submit their final reports. Girls who choose to utilize this extension must be registered as adult members for the 2020-2021 membership year.
GSNEO Gold Award
Are you thinking of Going for the Gold?
Now what? Here’s some helpful tips to get you going!
Attend a Go for the Gold workshop. Find scheduled workshops here.
Plan your Gold Award Project
3-6 months prior to project implementation date.
- Work with a non-related adult who has a level of expertise in the field you plan to do your project (Project Advisor).
- Your project must be a minimum of 80 hours showcasing your leadership skills.
- Recruit a team of at least 5 non-related volunteers to assist with your project
- Choose the community you'd like your project to benefit--will it benefit the Girl Scout community OR your local/global community-at-large?
Check out GoGold Online
1-2 months prior to project implementation date.
- Before you login to the GoGold Online Tool, look at this quick video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5lEsBwn9x4
- Register your project and complete your proposal at www.girlscouts.org/gogoldonline. Be sure to use Google Chrome as your web browser.
- Don’t forget to include your proposed budget, proposed log of hours and letter of support from the organization you’re working with.
Submit your project proposal to GoGold Online by the 1st of the month following Step 3.
Other Helpful Information:
Money Earning: If your project requires money, complete and submit a Money Earning Application at least 4 weeks prior to the event.
GSNEO’s Review Timeline:
- Project Proposals and Final Reports must be submitted by www.girlscouts.org/gogoldonline by the 1st of the month. Be sure to use Google Chrome as your web browser.
- Interviews are scheduled on a first come, first-served basis. Interviews are scheduled by email during the 2nd week of the month and interviews are held the 3rd week of the month.
OST Gold Award Mini Grant
Thanks to generous support from Order of the Silver Trefoil, GSNEO Girl Scouts working on their Gold Award can now apply for a mini-grant to help support the cost of their project. If you have already met with the Gold Award committee and your project has been approved, please click here to review requirements and submit an application.
If you still have questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org