In the fall of every year, its membership delegate election time!
As detailed in our Bylaws, each service unit can elect a delegate, it is no longer elections by county. Elections will be held at a regular service unit meeting, not at a separate election meeting. Simple quorum requirement (and easy to achieve!). Membership Delegate Elections are to take place during the first quarter of the membership year (10/1 – 12/31).
How are Membership Delegates elected?
- Elections will be held at a service unit meeting between 10/1 - 12/31.
- Registered members, ages 14+, can vote in elections for membership delegates. This means that most of our high school girls can vote!
- Members can only vote in the election of membership delegates for the service unit in which the member resides.
- The Election Meeting is presided over by the SUD, and voting takes place very simply.
- If the first delegate a service unit elects is a girl, they can elect a second delegate. If the first delegate is an adult, no further delegate can be elected. Note: Both delegates may be girls.
- There are no longer Alternate Membership Delegates.
- Ballot if it is contested election.